Focus and Scope
The “Sociology of Science and Technology” publishes research articles, reviews, and letters on the following topics: science and society; science and technology policy; science communications; mobility of scientists; gender and science; social positions and social roles of scientists; science and education; history of sociology of science; social problems of modern technologies and other related themes.
The author’s duties:
- Authorship statement. The journal allows the authors to hold the copyright without restriction. By submitting a paper for republishing, the author agrees to provide a link to the paper that was previously published in “Sociology of Science and Technology”.
- The Editorial Board requests that authors who submit their articles to “Sociology of Science and Technology” do not submit the same articles to other journals at the same time.
- The author is obliged to participate in peer-review process.
- The author accepts responsibility for evaluations, views and attitudes expounded in the paper. The Editorial Board, the Editor-in-chief and members of the Advisory Board assume no liability for the author’s attitudes and reserve the right to share them or not.
- The author assures that the results of research presented in the submitted papers are original. If some ideas or expressions are borrowed from other authors, the title and author of the source should be indicated. Any form of plagiarism (including citing without indicating the source or appropriating another person’s results of research) is unacceptable.
- Persons who significantly contributed to the research should be indicated as the coauthors of the paper. It is unacceptable to indicate as coauthors persons who did not take part in the research.
- If the author finds grave mistakes or inaccuracies in the paper after its submission or publication, he or she should inform the Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to decline an article if it does not meet the formatting requirements. The authors are invited to read the corresponding requirements. When formatting their articles, they may consult the last issue of the journal for guidelines.
Submitting your paper:
Before submitting your paper, please ensure that you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and instructions to authors provided below. Before submitting a paper please ensure that it is fully in keeping with the journal’s style.
Requirements for papers:
If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.