Sociology of Science and Technology operates a double-blind peer-reviewing policy in which the identity of the reviewer and the author are always concealed from both parties. Contributors should allow time for the process of refereeing to take place.
- All the papers, submitted for publication in the “Sociology of Science and Technology” journal, undergo reviewing and approval by the editorial board.
- The manuscript submitted to the editors is subjected to initial review and verification for compliance to the topics of the journal and formal editorial requirements. If the paper doesn’t comply with the subject-matter of the journal it excludes from further consideration, the author is notified about it.
- Then the paper is assigned for reviewing to an expert, who is a member of the editorial council (internal review). The paper can also be submitted for evaluation to an independent expert (peer review).
- Review process is anonymous for the referee as well as for the author.
- After reviewing the article may be rejected, sent to the author for revision, or accepted for publication.
- The review may include:
- General evaluation of the paper’s content and principal judgment on whether it could be published in the journal;
- The specific enumeration of errors in the methodology and tools (if any);
- Suggestions for improving the text.
- Upon receipt of a positive conclusion of the referee the paper is placed in the portfolio of editorial board for further publication. Executive secretary of the editorial board should inform the author about it.
- Upon receipt of an unfavorable verdict of the reviewer the paper is discussed on the working group meeting of the editorial board, which makes a decision on rejection of the article or the need for further review by an independent expert.
- In case of paper’s rejection, the author sent a notification letter signed by the executive secretary of the magazine.
- The final decision on the publication of the paper and approval of the total contents of the journal’s issue are adopted at a meeting of the editorial board.
- The procedure for review and approval of articles is from 1 to 1.5 months, further articles are published in order of priority. The Editorial Board may decide on an extraordinary publication of the paper. Preparing an article for publication undertaken by the editors includes normal literary editing and fine-tuning of the text according to the internal editorial standards adopted for the journal.
If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.